I May Do Everything, But I’m Not Super Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Everyone has stuff. I get that, but almost nobody has the amount that I do. Why? Because I basically do everything.

I know, I know; I can’t possibly be doing everything, but somehow, I am, and I honestly don’t know how I’m doing it.

From school to multiple executive positions to multiple internships and multiple jobs among many other things, it’s amazing that I haven’t worked myself to my death, yet. I honestly think that’s how I’m going to die in the future.

Like, I’m doing so much, I’m lucky if I get a solid three hours of sleep a night. I know; I’m severely sleep deprived. I don’t know how I do it, but I know I’m not Super Girl. I can’t fly from place to place. I can’t shoot laser beams out of my eyes. That’s just not humanly possible. I mean, I’m lucky if I even get a chance to blink because if I do, I will manage to somehow miss out on the 10 things that I have to do in that one particular moment.

Yeah, I could probably drop a few things in my jam-packed schedule, but how else am I supposed to prepare for my bright future in the Audio industry? I’m going to be working on multiple projects at one time, so overloading myself now is preparing me for years on down the road, right?

But preparing for my future isn’t the point of this. The point is, is that we all have stuff going on in our lives, but it’s how we handle everything. I’m basically doing everything, but here I am still staying on top of my grades, balancing two jobs and internships along with three brand ambassadorships and much more. I mean, if I can do that and not be Super Girl, people should be able to handle much less while staying on top of everything.

Avery Dill

Brenau '21

I am a Mass Communications major and Music minor sophomore/junior at Brenau University. I am also the Senior Editor for the HC Brenau chapter,  an HC Campus Trendsetter, HC Chapter Advisor, and an HC Campus Expansion Assistant.
Junior, Mass Communication major with a concentration in Entertainment Management. Campus Corespondent and Campus Trendsetter for HC Brenau.