College Problems as Told by Harry Potter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

The Wizarding World is more like college than you might realize. Harry and his friends had some adventures that totally parallel our college lives. Here’s a list of some of the triumphs and struggles in both of our worlds.

When you forget about that major test in Chemistry that’s worth half of your grade and you panic:

That one professor that you just can’t stand to be in their class, more or less in their presence

When you meet someone who you instantly just click with and become the best of friends

When the professor gets upset that no one in the class has read the chapter

When you’re in Math and have no idea what’s going on around you

When that one kid won’t stop asking questions, even though class ended two minutes ago

That professor that bores the entire class into a stupor, much like dementors sucking out your soul

Finishing a test and knowing you most likely failed it.

Studying insane amounts right before the test, praying that you’ll at least pass it

Eating at the Gag almost feels like eating in the Great Hall; endless amounts of food all for you…if only the food was as good.

Going back to your old high school and reminiscing back on the times when you didn’t have so much to do everyday

When it’s Sunday and you still haven’t finished any of the homework you need to do

People love to come turn up at parties, whether it’s the Yule Ball or Midnight Breakfast.

We show as much pride for our sororities as we do for our Hogwarts House.

Freaking out for that presentation because you don’t like social interaction

We all wish we were rather going to Hogwarts, but college is pretty awesome too! Even though Hogwarts is too far away for us to enroll, at least we are able to be here at Brenau!

Sommer Stockton is a sophomore at Brenau University and is majoring in Mass Communications. She believes she is the biggest Harry Potter fan of all time and loves to travel to new places. She loves chicken nuggets, frozen cokes and squirrels. Sommer is a proud Slytherin at heart.
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!