Can I Just Be Home Already?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Let’s take a minute here to talk about home. Home, in my opinion, is a beautiful place to be and right now is where I want and/or need to be also. As you can see, I am so excited about going home for Thanksgiving. I am so ready to spend quality time with all my friends and family that I don’t usually get to see anymore. Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and love, obviously, what would be a better time to reunite other than Thanksgiving? Also, I am overwhelmed with the thought of real and actual food. When I say “real and actual,”  I am talking about homemade food that my mom has been preparing since the night before. I am not talking fast food or food that you get from your school’s cafeteria. Being that I am so tired of junk food or fast food, the thought of my mother preparing and cooking actual homemade food brings tears to my eyes. Honestly, nine times out of ten I’m going to come back to school from home a few pounds heavier. Then, while I’m here at school for a bit, I’m going to lose all the healthy Thanksgiving food weight I added on from the lack of eating real food. I’m just tired of eating Brenau’s cafeteria food and eating cereal for every meal of the day is not cutting it. I also miss my bed back home and I think I may miss my mother’s bed more than my own. Is it too much to ask to get as full as I can off of food and lay down with my mother and nap? The best part about Thanksgiving is, after everyone eats dinner, the family sits around and talk, reminisce, make jokes, and enjoy one another quality time. Those moments are exactly what I need in my life right now. This is why I am ready to go home for Thanksgiving.

Hello everyone,  My name is Azayla Rodriguez and I'm a Junior at Brenau University. I am majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media. Also, my minor is Dance.  I've been dancing since I was 4 years old and it is truly a passion for me. My other passion is writing along with music. I found my passion for writing as a Junior is high school and I found my niche for feature/magazine writing my second year at Brenau.  I hope you all enjoy my blogs!
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!