Campus Profile: Mary Virginia Mitchell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

This week’s profile is acting student here at Brenau University who is the new upcoming Vice-President of the Student Government Association.

Name: Mary Virginia Mitchell

Hometown: Savannah, Georgia

Major: BFA Acting

Year: Sophomore

SH: Why did you decide to come to Brenau?

MV: GTA really won me over after watching a rehearsal. You could tell the faculty and students were welcoming and really cared for my success. When they said they were a family GTA meant it. 

SH: What are you involved in on campus?

MV: I’m involved in a lot on campus. I’m apart of the Gainesville Theatre Alliance, Alpha Psi Omega Theatre Honor Society, the Student Government Association, a sorority, PanHellenic executive board, and I was the past president of Alpha Lambda Delta Freshmen Honor Society.

SH: What is your favorite memory that you’ve had since coming to Brenau?

MV: One of my favorite members was probably when my mom showed up to surprise me when I ran out on Bid Day. 

SH: Who is your celebrity crush?

MV: I have so many, but I’m a HUGE fan of Eddie Redmayne he is so dreamy. But since he is married I think I will choose Matt Smith. I guess British actors are my type! If they ever read this feel free to look me up;)

SH: What are you plans when you graduate?

MV: I really do not have any plans yet. After graduation I hope to be working in a theatre, and making a difference. 

SH: What is a quote you live by?

MV: “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” -Dr. Seuss  

My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!