Campus Celebrity: Pam Fountain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

For this week’s campus celebrity we decided to shine the spotlight on a devoted faculty member. She is the brains behind Phone-A-Thon; the annual event that takes place every semester where current Women’s College students call Brenau Women’s College alumnae to ask if they would like to donate to their alma mater to go towards scholarships for the upcoming schoolyear. 

Name: Pam Fountain

Where are you from? “I actually claim Savannah, Georgia. I was born at Fort Benning, Georgia. My dad was in the Army, but Savannah was always our home base. I feel like that’s my home.”

What is your alma mater? “I am a proud Bulldog! I went to the University of Georgia.”

What is your job title? “I am the Assistant Director of Development at Brenau University. I work with the External Relations Department. We are responsible for all of the fundraisings including annual fund, senior class gift, phone-a-thon, and employee giving.”

Where do you reside? “I live in Tallulah Falls, GA.”

What is your involvement with Phone-A-Thon? “I am the advisor for phone-a-thon. I get volunteers, handle the PR for the event, find food for the callers every night, and gather door prizes for the callers.”

What do you think makes Phone-A-Thon special? “I think it’s a wonderful opportunity for our students to connect with Women’s College Alumnae. One of the things that I have really seen over my three years here at Brenau is experience of being a Brenau woman/girl is a very special one and it really transcends all 136 years that Brenau has been around. So many of the experiences and traditions have been carried through all these years and it’s something that students today can really bond over the phone with alums.”

Do you have any closing remarks regarding Phone-A-Thon? “I think we’ve gotten a great response from our students. I think they understand the importance of number one of our scholarship fund.  About 80% of our students receive some kind of financial aid. When they volunteer for phone-a-thon they are able to help themselves. Every penny that they earn goes toward the scholarship fund or to another designated purpose on campus. It might be sorority houses or the all Steinway initiative. All of that money is going back. It’s a wonderful way for students to give back to Brenau. I enjoy working with them and getting to know them. We have a great opportunity to work together to make something g positive happen for Brenau.”

The fall semester Phone-A-Thon will take place from Monday, Sept.21st- Oct. 1st. They are also calling on Sunday, Sept. 27th from 2-6pm.  Calling nights will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5-8pm at Walters House located directly across the Tri Delta house. For any additional information, please contact Pam Fountain at pfountain@brenau.edu or 770-718-5333. 

Nicole Vernon is a Campus Correspondent for the Brenau University Chapter of Her Campus! She attends Brenau University's Womens College, class of 2017. Nicole is a Mass Communications Major focusing in Journalism and Public Relations.
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!