etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Adventures for the Soul

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

We all need a little adventure here and there for the betterness of our soul. Because, I know I sure did!

After recently experiences one of the hardest semesters so far in my college experience, I thought to myself an adventure is desperately needed right now. My friends and I immediately got into adventure mode and we were ready. One weekend, I went home with one of my friends down to Dothan, Al and my other friends drove down to her house as well. The first day we were there I was finishing up my senior thesis almost all day and by night time I was exhausted. But, the next day we got up early in the morning and headed on down to Panama City Beach.

When we arrived at the beach, I instantly felt a sense of relief and relaxation. For those of you who don’t know, the beach is my happy place. The beach is my paradise and where I go on adventures to gain my peace back. At this point in my life, I needed my peace back and that’s what I went to go get. We laid around on the beach all day just singing, dancing, and laughing. As we talked and enjoyed the sun, we rubbed our toes and hands through the sand while taking everything all in. We also brought my friend’s little sister along with us on this adventure. She gave me a sense of my childhood as we buried her in the sand and build sandcastles with her.

This adventure left my soul at peace and calm again. It was definitely one for the books.

Hello everyone,  My name is Azayla Rodriguez and I'm a Junior at Brenau University. I am majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media. Also, my minor is Dance.  I've been dancing since I was 4 years old and it is truly a passion for me. My other passion is writing along with music. I found my passion for writing as a Junior is high school and I found my niche for feature/magazine writing my second year at Brenau.  I hope you all enjoy my blogs!