Winter Wardrobe Staples: A survivor’s guide (part two)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.
In part two, we’ve compiled a list of coats, hats, gloves, and scarves to give you an idea of price range and style. There are many different brands out there that sell all kinds of winter coats and accessories – personally I think it’s better to buy from a brand that has a better reputation for their winter gear in general (i.e., L.L. Bean, The North Face, Land’s End, Patagonia, etc), but that’s just me. It’s important to keep in mind that a relatively decent winter coat will cost at least $40 (and even then, the lifespan of a coat that’s around $40 is nothing compared to one that, let’s say, costs $150).
*Hint: to see more of any of the items, click on the pictures and/or the brand names throughout this article

COATS

Old Navy // Women’s Frost Free Quilted Jackets – $36.00

H&M // Padded Parka – $49.95

Uniqlo // Women Ultra Light Down Hooded Coat – $89.90

London Fog  // Gabriella Insulated Anorak Jacket with detachable hood – $99.99

The North Face // Women’s ALLABOUT Triclimate Jacket (Fanfare Green/Parlour Purple) – $199.00

Patagonia // Women’s DAS Parka (Tobago Blue) – $299

There are stores in the Boston area – City SportsEastern Mountain Sports – where you can go to at least try on coats from different brands (usually your preferred size of one kind of coat will be the same size in a different style, if it’s from the same brand); if they don’t have the color or style you want, but you know it’s online, you can order it feeling good about whether it will be a comfortable fit or not.

HATS
Hats are pretty simple and straightforward; you could think of them more as a way to maintain your personal style while also staying warm (because, in my opinion, I’d rather be warm, dry, and look like a marshmallow in a cozy puffy coat, than freezing my butt off because I refuse to get coat that will actually keep me warm).

Target // Xhiliration Slouchy Beanie Hat (Multicolored) – $12.99

Smartwool // Ski Town Hat – $40.00

GLOVES
There are different kinds of gloves for different occasions; they each serve a different purpose, too. From warm, waterproof gloves that are perfect for snowy days, to those neat, high-tech gloves that allow you to use your phone while keeping your hands warm, there’s a pair of gloves out there for everyone.

Target // Women’s Multipack Touch Screen Compatible Knit Gloves (Assorted Colors) – $9.00

Patagonia // Better Sweater Gloves – $29.97

SCARVES
Scarves are basically in the same category as hats with the personal style thing. They come in many different styles and fabrics, and there are also fun ways you can tie them up!

Target // Women’s Microfleece Infinity Scarf – $12.00

The North Face // Hudson Scarf – $40.00
I love watching movies, reading, writing, being a ginger, singing, dancing, acting, and attending Brandeis University.