What It’s Like to Live the “Suite Life” According to Zack and Cody

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

This year, I have officially upgraded my housing situation from a traditional hall to living the suite life with three of my friends. So obviously, I’ve been making Suite Life of Zack and Cody jokes and references since I found out my housing last April. I thought I’d share what it’s like to live in a suite full of friends with help of those who know it best, Zack and Cody.

It feels luxurious. 

You mean I get a single, a bathroom in the suite, and (in some cases) a kitchen? I can get used to this. 

Getting to live with friends.  

There’s nothing better than taking a ice cream study break and seeing your friend sitting in the common room, or watching TV with your suitemates to unwind. Or making popcorn on a Tuesday at 9:30pm because you just feel like it. Not to mention getting to have lighthearted conversations while brushing your teeth and getting ready for bed. 

Cooking (or attempting to cook).

Having a kitchen this year is super awesome for so many reasons! I love having a regular-sized fridge and freezer to store a variety of foods, from berries to eggs to, of course, Ben and Jerry’s. I love having the ability to fix myself a snack or meal if I’m feeling hungry or if Sherman just isn’t doing it for me that day. Also, cooking with friends is a great study break and stress-reliever! 

Knowing you get to have this amazing living experience for the rest of the year. 

I’m looking forward to the fun times, laughs, and experiences to come. And, of course, more “Suite Life” jokes.