Waltham Dining: Domenic’s Italian Deli and Bakery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

I think its safe to say that now and then most Brandeis students get a bit tired of the food on campus. When I am either sick of making a salad at the salad bar at Usdan or not in the mood to eat a bowl of cereal for dinner at Sherman, I make the trek to the International business school and grab a delicious sandwich at Domenic’s. The food, which ranges from burritos, to sandwiches, to soup, is consistently delicious, fresh, and always provides a welcomed break from the cafeteria offerings.

The Domenic’s in IBS is a smaller version of their original location in Waltham on Main Street (close to Walgreens). Right before winter break, a friend told me that I had to go to their shop in town because they offered many more sandwich options. I am glad that I listened to her because I was not disappointed.

The minute I walked into Domenic’s I was struck by the delightful smell of fresh baked bread…heaven. Then I instantly returned back to earth because I was eager to place my order. I was overwhelmed with the amount of sandwich offerings and had a hard time choosing which one to get. They all looked incredible and I wanted to make sure that I selected the perfect one (not like you could go wrong with any of them). I decided to go with a classic turkey sandwich, which was unbelievable. My friends got the “Parma” and the Eggplant Parmigana. We loved all of our sandwiches and can’t wait to go back and sample more of their Italian offerings. One thing to keep in mind when you go to Domenic’s is that they only have a counter with bar stools to sit at so it’s best to get your sandwiches to go unless you get lucky and score a seat at the counter.  

Next time you need a hiatus from campus food and want to satisfy your growling stomach with a savory Italian sandwich, head to Domeic’s in Waltham. You and your stomach will be happy you did. 

Domenic’s Italian Bakery & Deli

987 Main Street Waltham, MA

781.899.3817

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.