Vinnie Ferlisi ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Major/Minor: Double Major in History and American Studies with a Minor in Business

Class: Junior

Hometown: Woburn, Massachusetts

Single/ Taken: Single :) 

Vinnie is known to be your typical Bostonian stud walking around campus. He works hard throughout the day by studying for his double major and minor, but he also plays hard on the weekends at the local frat house ZBT. This junior hottie has more surprising secrets that meets the eye. Interested? Read to find out more!

HerCampus: It is not unusual for a Brandeis student to have multiple major and minors. So, why did you choose all of yours?

Vinnie: I’ve always had a certain fascination with American History and with American culture in general. I find there’s always something new to learn about the greatest country in the world. With respect to my minor in Business, I enjoy the creative thinking that can come out of business and the places it can take you in life.

HC: What do you see yourself doing in the future with these majors?

V: Hopefully I’ll use the knowledge and experience I’ve gotten at Brandeis to get a job in financing, in the area around Boston

HC: What are you doing to aid this goal now?

V: Well, I was recently hired as a Management Information Systems Intern at ACI Worldwide in Waltham. I’m really excited to immerse myself into a business setting.

HC: That’s great! Congrats! What are you doing around campus to keep yourself busy and active aside from schoolwork?

V: I’m a brother of Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity and I’m proud to know every one of my brothers and to have shared the “experiences” we’ve had.
In my free time, I enjoy playing my guitar. I took piano and guitar lessons as a child, and it’s something that will stay with me forever. My rendition of Adele’s “Someone Like you” is nearly pitch-perfect

HC: What is something interesting/quirky about yourself that people wouldn’t normally think of when they first meet you?

V: If I could, I would be Batman in a heartbeat. That’s my real dream job. The hero that Brandeis deserves but not the one it needs right now.”  

Favorites…

Food: A nice sirloin steak always gets me
Candy: Swedish Fish
Drink: Jack and Coke any night 
Movie: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy or maybe Step Brothers. I could watch those movies on repeat forever.
TV Show: Family Guy
Book: Fields of Fire by James Webb
Basketball Team: Celtics
Football Team: Patriots, it was really nice of the NFL to give the Pats two bye weeks this year in the playoffs.
Place to study on campus: The area formerly known as the green room.
Pick up line: This one’s a secret for me to know and girl’s to find out haha.
Actress: Gisele Bündchen, Tom Brady’s wife. She was in Taxi with Jimmy Fallon so it counts haha.

What qualities do you look for in a girl? A girl with a good head on her shoulders, who doesn’t mind throwing caution to the wind once in a while.
Brunettes or Blondes? Brunettes!
Where would you take a girl on a first date? Dinner and a movie. I have a weak spot for romantic comedies.  
Do you believe in love at first sight? No, love ,like everything else in life, is something that must be worked towards.
In your opinion, what is the best way for a girl to approach a guy at a party? Haha in the words of Eric Church, “Yeah if you want to impress me, baby here’s my plan, All you got to do is put a drink in my hand.”

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.