A Vegan’s Guide to the C-Store

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

With this semester’s updates to the C-Store, Brandeis has upped its vegan selections. Ranging from trail new trail mixes, to cookies, and even ice cream, there are plenty of new products to be enjoyed.

Lucy’s Cookies

If you’re craving a sweet snack, look no further than the C-Store’s selection of Lucy’s brand cookies. The delicious flavors range from chocolate chip to ginger snaps, and are guaranteed to cause jealousy amongst your fellow eaters.

NuGo Bars

If you’re more in the mood for a bar-shaped treat, NuGo bars are the way to go. The C-Store is stocked with all different flavors.  Feeling in a purely chocolate mood- no problem! Want some fruit in your life- go for the dark chocolate pomegranate. These bars also give you the protein boost you need in your busy days.

Watusee Organic Chickpeatos

When you need to satisfy your spice craving, pick up some of Watusee’s organic chickpeatos. Once you try the first one it’s only a matter of ten to fifteen minutes until the bag is empty and you’re considering buying another. For first time Chickpeato eaters, go for the tomato basil flavor.

Mrs. May’s Naturals

For the outdoorsy types or those who love trail mix-like items, consider Mrs. May’s brand. Strawberry Almond, blueberry almond, cranberry almond and other types make for the ideal studying snack. Mrs. May’s products also make for delicious salad toppings.

So Delicious Coconut Milk Mint Chip

For a great vegan dessert, go and buy So Delicious’ coconut milk mint chip ice cream. The tubs are the perfect size to last multiple study sessions and comfort students in times of need. This ice cream marks a perfect end to any meal.

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.