Valentine’s Day Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Hey ladies! Are you and your cutie looking for something fun to do on Valentine’s Day? Well, you’re in luck, because I have a few ideas!

The Dorm Room Date

Last year, my boyfriend and I were so exhausted on Valentine’s Day that we opted to stay indoors, order sushi from Baan Thai, and watch a movie on Netflix. It was amazing! I highly recommend the Dorm Room Date this Valentine’s Day to those of you who have a busy week ahead as well as to those of you sans personal transportation (i.e. a car).

The Romantic Dinner Date

If you’re anything like me, you’re likely to agree that it’s always nice to get off campus and away from Brandeis. Whether you’re interested in staying around Moody Street or venturing a bit farther, there are many great options for getting off campus for a Romantic Dinner Date with your Valentine.

To name a few that you can get to by walking or BranVan from campus:
Biagio Ristorante & Bar – Waltham (near Moody & Main St.)
Elephant Walk – Waltham (Main St.)
Bombay Mahal – Waltham (Moody St.)
Solea Restaurant & Tapas Bar – Waltham (Moody St.)

To name a few in Boston and Cambridge:
Upstairs on the Square – Cambridge (Harvard Square)
OM Restaurant & Lounge – Cambridge (Harvard Square)
The Capitale Grille – Boston (Boylston St.)

Solea Restaurant & Tapas Bar

The Offbeat Date

An offbeat Valentine’s Day Date might be just what you’re looking for. Valentine’s Day dates are about you and your Valentine, and if neither of you are interested in a sit-down dinner, then there are still many other options! You may want to go ice skating, or you may want to go dancing. You could go bowling, or you could go to the movies. You could have a game night. You may want to play laser tag or play pool (billiards).

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a wonderful time and that you enjoy Valentine’s Day. And hey, if you don’t have a Valentine this year, don’t be bitter—get together with some friends and do something fun as a group.

Have fun and be safe!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.