This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2016

Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland

Major(s)/Minor(s): Politics and American Studies/Journalism and Legal Studies

Her Campus: Why did you choose Brandeis?

VT: I picked Brandeis because of the people and community. When I visited, everyone was so kind and welcoming! The atmosphere here is so positive and it just felt right from the second I stepped onto campus. I love that we can all be who were are and do the things we love to do without getting judged.

HC: What made you interested in being an OL?

VT: Orientation has always been special to me! Orientation means welcoming a new set of Brandesians to the school! It means you get to be yourself and find your voice at your new home while making new friends. I loved orientation as a first year for these reasons. I was kind of quiet in high school but orientation really brought me out of my shell. I wanted the chance to help new students have just as positive of an experience that I had!

HC: Whats your best memory from your OL experiences?

VT: My best memory will always be my captain’s group from this year. During OL training, you get divided into groups and the third year OLs get to be captains. I got to be co-captains with Erica Gwinn, who is one of the most amazing and strong people I know! We legitimately had the best group ever. Our name was Bae State and our motto was “those who slayith together stayith together!” We had so much fun together during training and orientation and we all continue to hang out now.  

HC: What other activities are you involved with on campus?

VT: I used to do mock trial, but I quit to spend my senior year trying new things. So now I am in Hooked on Tap and the Brandeis Firecrackers (Pole dancing club). I’ve always loved theater so I try to do at least one show a year. I am also an Admissions Ambassador and can be seen walking backwards sharing my love of Brandeis at least once a week! 

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

VT: I see myself being a successful lawyer in Massachusetts, practicing either criminal or communications law. I would love to live in Plymouth by the rock! I will either have a husband and two kids or a lot of cats!  

Fun Facts and Favorites: 

Single or Taken: Single #swiperight

Something Most People Dont Know About You: I can rap the Bill of Rights!

Celebrity Crush: Josh Radnor (Ted from How I met your Mother)

Favorite Spot on Campus: In the SCC atrium by Carl and Ruth Shapiro’s portrait!

Favorite Class at Brandeis: Classic Texts in American Culture Before 1900 with Professor Farrelly

Favorite TV Show: The Office

Favorite Midnight Snack: A frosty from Wendy’s!

Cassie is a sophomore at Brandeis University from Maine, double majoring in environmental studies and history. When Cassie is not combating climate change with Brandeis Climate Justice or attending a zumba class or intramural soccer game, she can be found wandering Sachar woods, taking note on the tree species there or discussing feminism with friends in upper Usdan over a quesadilla and smoothie from Curritos.
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.