TV Premiere Recaps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Once Upon A Time

Once Upon A Time opened up their fourth season with quite a bang. Bringing characters from my favorite recent Disney Movie, Frozen was a gutsy move and I was nervous about it. It worked. It copied the movie a lot but overall I think it will enhance this season. Regina is reverting back to her evil self so she can find the happiness she has been searching for since season one. Emma and Hook are “dating” which gives me so many happy feels. Belle and Rumple are married now but Rumple is also up to no good and won’t tell Belle exactly what. That is a recipe for total disaster. The first episode set the season up right but it will be interesting to see how Elsa gets worked into Storybrooke.

Grey’s Anatomy

With last season ending with Christina Yang leaving Grey-Sloan Memorial and the show, the new season started off with a very different feel. Meredith and Derek’s relationship was questioned because of his new job offer. Owen Hunt is dealing with the loss of Christina. Meredith needs to find a new person. The board of directors of the hospital is transitioning because Yang’s seat needs to be filled. It most certainly would not be a typical episode of Grey’s Anatomy without the ridiculous dramatic medical crisis. A gurney falling into a car of two teenagers having sex definitely qualifies. Only on Grey’s Anatomy would that actually happen. I am excited to see where this season goes now that Christina is out of the picture and there still seems to be tension between Meredith and Derek about this job offer. We will just have to wait and see.

[pagebreak]

How To Get Away With Murder

Murder. That is how the new show How to Get Away With Murder started, surprising right. There is really no way to concisely recap the mind f*** that was How to Get Away With Murder.There was sex, there were lies, there were two deaths, and there was Alfred Enoch. Viola Davis was a little over dramatic but nonetheless delivered an amazing performance along the rest of her amazing cast. More mind boggling to come in episode two.

Randy, Red, Superfreak, and Julia: Scandal

In the season 4 premiere of Scandal we finally find out where Olivia Pope has been hiding. The opening is of course super hot with her and Jake on the beach getting frisky! It seems like everything is going well until of course Olivia receives the newspaper article from Quinn (who tracked Olivia down by her exquisite taste in wine) about Harrison’s death, and Liv makes the decision to go back to D.C. to plan Harrison’s funeral, under the name Julia. Upon arriving in D.C. Olivia tries and fails to get the gang back together. She visits Huck who is now “Randy the smart guy” who works at the “smart counter” of a tech store. He makes it perfectly clear that he wants nothing to do with Liv unless she’s staying for good. Abby who is now the press secretary for the White House, is equally happy to see Olivia. In addition to visiting her former associates, Liv also visits her father at their usual place at their usual time which is really weird considering she did not communicate to her father that she was in D.C. Nevertheless Liv gets to ask her father did he have anything to do with Harrison’s death, and her father says with a straight face “I had nothing to do with his murder,” when WE ALL KNOW he put a gun to Harrison’s head in the season finale! Olivia and associates does eventually get together for Harrison’s funeral (can’t say that we’re sad to see him go either). Meanwhile in the White House we see Mellie still grieving her son’s death. She’s not getting dressed, and let’s Fitz know that she has stopped shaving so its 1976 in her pants. Of course in the season premiere there is death. When a senator known for sexually assaulting young brunette women is “dead”, Liv is called in to help. We all know Olivia Pope can’t leave someone in need, which prompts her to stay in D.C. Now we know that if Liv stays in D.C. she WILL SEE FITZ and……she does, but to our surprise they actually walk right past each other without getting undressed. In other news David Rosen is now attorney general, we’ll wait to see the motive behind that one, and also Portia Del Rossi joined the cast as chair of the RNC. 

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.