Trendeisian: Eileen Hong ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Eileen Hong, Class of 2013, is a Communications major and with a possible minor in Journalism. She hails from Bergen County, New Jersey, which is just 30 minutes away from NYC. When she is not hitting the books, Eileen enjoys shopping, watching movies, and lots of reality TV shows, namely Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

What are you wearing today?
I am wearing an Alexander McQueen cardigan, which used to be my brother’s and it was handed down to me. I am wearing just a plain white tank I got from Korea and my denim skirt is Helmut Lang. My friend made me this bracelet and the rest of my accessories are from Korea. And for shoes, I am wearing vans.

What is on your wish list?
The classic Chanel 2.55 bag.

If there was a fire and you could only salvage three things what would they be?
I would take my Dr. Martens, my YSL Tribute heels, also another hand me down from my mother, and these ripped sky blue jeans I got from Korea that fit me perfectly.

What is some fashion advice you can offer?
In my opinion, the shoes and accessories make the outfit. I’m obsessed with shoes. I really like studded sneakers. They are the highlight of my outfits.

Eileen says she got her fashion influence from her mom who used to work in European children’s apparel. Her mom’s style is simple but chic. Eileen describes her style as boyish. Her outfit is casual but chic and can easily be worn to class.

Her favorite places to shop are Urban Outfitters, H&M, and at flea markets in Korea and New York.