woman wearing green graduation cap
woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

Transition into the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

It’s that time of the year and we all know you are so excited, but regardless of how much inherent enthusiasm you may carry for the sunshine and popsicles, the transition from academic life to summer can be hard.

You may be graduating or maybe all your friends are; either way we must realize we all have to move. Read on to find out how to make this transition a bit easier. 

Plan it out:

Make sure you have some idea of what you are going to do once this year ends. Intensify your job/internship search or look for some easy cash-making activities this summer. Plan out what movies you want to watch, which books are a must read and how much time you want to spend in the sun. A plan gives you motivation and something to look forward to, instead of drowning yourself in all of your sorrows.

Keep in touch:

Even if you’re not graduating, it is important to keep tabs on those you love. Load up your phone with What’s App, FaceTime, Skype, etc. etc. so you can call up your friend no matter where he/she is. Prioritize who you want to keep in touch and make an effort. The more you keep in touch, the less you will feel so far away from your bestie.

Get better at everything:

Summer is the best time for you to find a hobby and perfect it. Use your extra time to practice and really enjoy your hobby so when school comes back around (or for the grads, when the fall/winter starts) you can make it a part of your routine.

Chastity DeLorme is a art enthusiast, writer, and pop culture lover. She currently lives in Boston, MA, finishing up her degree in Film, Television & Interactive Media with a minor in Business.
Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.