This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

As October comes to a close, let’s not forget to dress the part! Halloween was one of my favorite holidays growing up because you could get away with being anything you wanted for one day of the year. Even though college students seem to put less effort into creating costumes and celebrating the season, you don’t have to let go of the fun. Every day can be Halloween if you want it to be! Here are a few ways to keep it spooky for the rest of the year (or even into January– no one is going to judge):

Tattoo Choker

Black Basic Tattoo Choker, Hot Topic, $2.90; found here

Channel the 90s with your classic tattoo choker. It’s a spooky staple for any outfit, from casual tanks and sweatshirts to fancy LBDs.

Spider Earrings

Spider Stud Earrings, Icing, $4.99; found here

What’s spookier than these tiny creatures chilling on your ears? Although they can be scary to find if you drop them on the floor, they’re a cute addition to your Halloween jewellery.

Ghost Pocket Tee

Ghost Shirt, Etsy, $9.34+; found here

Relax in this cozy shirt and forget about all that ghosting drama that comes with college dating. This adorably friendly ghost will be on your side and let them down easy, I promise.

Bat Silhouette Tights

Blackheart Flying Bats Faux Thigh High Tights, Hot Topic, $11.92; found here

These tights will give you that witchy confidence you need to seize the night and get your life together. Morticia Addams totally approves.

Skeleton Hands T-shirt

Skeleton Hands Halloween T-shirt, Etsy, $20.39+; found here

Who needs a boyfriend for cuffing season when you can have this shirt for spooky season? Enough said.

Platform Boots

Faux Suede Lace-Up Platform Boots, Forever 21, $39.99; found here

Chin up darling, you got this. Keep your heels high and standards higher as you strut through the rest of the semester in these babies.

Striped Pants

Black Washed Pinstripe High Waisted Jeans, H&M, $59.95; found here

Jack Skellington inspired this look and we’re all for it. Classy with a hint of attitude is the way to go during your Halloween gatherings or any other gatherings.

Dark Nail Polish

Image Courtesy of Unsplash

A timeless fall trend has consistently been dark shades on your fingertips. We couldn’t agree more. Whether you’re going for a vampy look with crimson red or jewel tones with emerald green, there’s a shade for you on the darker side of the color spectrum.

Skulls and Roses

Skulls & Roses Cami Dress, Hot Topic, $23.92; found here

This pattern resembles dainty spring florals, but look again! It is a mix of girly and edgy, perfect for when you want to add a tough vibe to a formal occasion.

Cat Ear Headband

Rhinestone Cat Ear Headband, Amazon, $6.99; found here

If the edgy style isn’t really your scene but you still want to get involved in the Halloween spirit, these subtle cat ears are cute for any event!

Spiderweb Leggings

Spiderweb Leggings, Etsy, $44.95; found here

You can now wear the beautiful, intricate designs of spiderwebs as part of your outfit. What’s not to love about the aesthetic potential of these leggings?

Leather Skirt

Faux Leather Mini Skirt, Forever 21, $19.99; found here

Leather makes any item of clothing instantly edgy, and skirts are no exception. You can stick with black leather or add a pop of color for a fashion statement that’s totally on-brand with the season.

Plush Pumpkin Keychain

Pumpkin Keychain, Poshmark, $12; found here

If you love spooky season as much as I do, then you know Halloween doesn’t have to end in October. Bring a piece of the autumn spirit with you everywhere you go with this adorable plush pumpkin! It will keep you company through the other 11 months of the year.

Alyssa Fu

Brandeis '22

Alyssa Fu studies psychology, political science, and legal studies at Brandeis University. She loves fashion, food, promoting self-care, and sharing her college experiences with Her Campus. Many of her pieces also include societal critiques from both academic and personal perspectives.
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.