This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

For a large portion of the United States, fall is something that happens every year and is a pretty normal occurrence. However, there are an unlucky few (yours truly) who did not have the classic East Coast fall experience. However, during my four years here, I plan to make the most of what the East has to offer, and I hope that you will too, whether you’re a seasoned local or coming from abroad. Here are some things that I’m incredibly excited about for Fall:

1. Sweaters.

There is literally nothing better than throwing on your most comfortable sweater, a pair of jeans, and calling it a day in terms of fashion (in my opinion). That’s pretty much all I do. But fall just gives me an excuse to continue to don a sweater pretty much every day, unless it’s exceptionally hot, without judgment.

1. Fall fashion in general.

To me, there is nothing more classy than a sleek trenchcoat coupled with a good sweater, skinny jeans, and boots. Fall fashion emanates classy yet cozy vibes and proves practical for everyday wear. I’m no fashion guru, but I’d like to think I can leave my dorm room looking nice yet not grumbling over how uncomfortable my clothing is come to the end of my classes.

1. Hiking!

Hiking is one of my absolute favorite activities ever! To me, being out in nature is automatically calming, and gives you time to be with yourself and to think, as well as appreciate the beauty of what’s around you. Out of all the things on this list, what I’ve heard the most about fall on the East Coast is how gorgeous and vibrant the landscape is. What’s better to do than go out and enjoy it?

(PC: Skeeze, pixabay.com)

1. Fall food: Pie. Need I say more?

Many things make fall what it is, from the colorful leaves to curling up in sweaters, but perhaps the thing that I’m most excited for is the wide array of comfort food–specifically, pies. Although you absolutely don’t need an excuse to indulge in fine delicacies like apple and pumpkin pie, fall brings with it even more excuses to bake. Although there wasn’t much of a typical fall in my home state of California, I did not hesitate to bake copious amounts of pie. However, despite the various arrays of sweet pies, the one pie that I’m most excited for is for my mom’s home-made Chicken Potpie. I won’t include the recipe for now (until I either get the hang of cooking it, or I can convince my mom to hand it over), but hopefully, I’ll deliver. Pie is one of the finer things in life, and something that I shamelessly chow down on come fall.

(PC: Stocksnap, pixabay.com)

1. The rainy weather.

This may seem counter-intuitive, but despite my love of being outside, I’m also super pumped for the rain. Why you ask? It gives me an excuse to stay in and actually be productive. Speaking from a lot of experience, when it’s sunny, all I want to do is go outside (and leave the library, inevitably leaving my work for a later date #atomorrowproblem); but when the skies get cloudy, I tend to stay indoors. With boredom and a lack of distractions ultimately comes productivity.

So there you have it; these were the things that I’m excited about for fall (so far!).

Sophie is a freshman at Brandeis University (an East Coast transplant from the San Francisco Bay Area), and is super excited to be a part of HerCampus! Besides writing for HerCampus, Sophie loves hiking, a good yoga class, and tasty food (partial to Burmese and Dim Sum).
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.