This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

That moment when your last class for the day is over and you’re so ready to get home to your family, friends, and/or significant other:

When you finally get home and are ecstatic to see the family you’ve missed the most: your pets!

When you only have one thing on your mind but your family will not stop with the questions:

When all the old members of your family and all the young members of your family start debating politics/gay rights/etc.

When the meal finally starts!

When somebody brings up your grades at the table:When your grandpa asks this dreaded question after you explain your major: “so what are you going to use that for?”

When your drunk aunt corners you and starts asking about your dating life:

That moment when you feel like you’re about to explode, but the food is so amazing that you want to cherish the fact that it’s not from the dining hall:

When your family won’t stop telling you what to major in, what field to get a job in, and who to marry:

After the whole meal is over and the ‘itis sets in:

When you finally get to sleep in your own bed:

When you think about all the work you still have to do before classes start again:

When you realize that you have to go back to school after having been home for only five days (although you’ll be back again about two weeks later):When you admit that despite your family’s innate talent to be overbearing, you love them no matter how innapropriate their questions might be:

I love watching movies, reading, writing, being a ginger, singing, dancing, acting, and attending Brandeis University.
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like. 
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing. 
Amy Wu

Brandeis

Currently a sophomore majoring in business and computer science. Love adventures, music, and giving advice! Hoping to study abroad for an academic year, so make sure to follow my posts!-Amy Wu  
If there is anything you need to know about Anna Stern it is that she loves Tina Fey. She also loves her summer camp, The Beatles, her friends, Broadway, sushi, pizza, Giada de Laurentiis, dressing like a 50's girl, the beach, Beyonce, exaggerating, and saying things that she loves.