Study Break Boston Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

It’s the last weekend before finals and if you’re like me, you’re stressed beyond belief. But why not take advantage of Boston during the winter (since it is so close to campus) and use your study breaks to do exciting things you wouldn’t normally do? There are tons of fun places to explore in the city and for very little money! So jump on the Brandeis Shuttle and look into some of these fun possibilities:

1. Go Ice Skating At The Frog Pond

This year the Frog Pond is offering College Nights every Tuesday from 7pm – 9pm for just $2 with your college ID. Located at the Boston Commons, the Frog Pond is open daily depending on the weather. So why not take a break with a group of friends and go ice-skating!

2.Visit the lights at the Prudential Center

How perfect does visiting the Christmas tree at the Prudential Center sound? Whether you are on a date or with a group of friends, it is a great way to relieve some stress! You can also take advantage and do some retail therapy throughout Boston and the Copley Center. Don’t forget to ride the elevator all the way to the top of the Prudential building and see the beautiful wintery skyline at the Skywalk Observatory.

3. Take a trip to the Museum of Fine Arts!

The MFA is great place to go year round and it is free to students with a valid form of student ID. However, during the Holiday seasons it is even more beautiful due to the holiday lights and (hopefully) a layer of snow outside. Visit the current Degas and the Nude exhibition in the Gund Gallery that The New Yorker claims is “Deeply absorbing, illuminating, very dramatic.”

4.See everyone’s favorite Christmas play “The Nutcracker” at the Boston Opera House

According to Bostonballet.com, “The Nutcracker, a classical ballet in two acts based on the fairy tale by E.T.A. Hoffmann, tells the story of a young girl named Clara who falls asleep on Christmas Eve and wakes to a magical world. Clara, along with the Nutcracker prince, embark upon a journey through the Land of the Sweets.” Seeing the play is the perfect way to really get you in the holiday spirit. Ticket prices vary depending on seating and group tickets.

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.