This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Essie’s new resort collection shows a brighter take on pastels. These colors are perfect for the spring and will liven up your nails!

For this flowery design, you need a light pink (like Essie’s ballet slippers) and white, pink, and green thin-tipped nail polishes. Start by painting two coats of light pink on your nails. Next, use the white thin-tipped polish to draw three little circles on the tip of each nail. Then use the pink to draw little swirls in each of the circles to give them a flower effect. Lastly, make two little green leaves on either side of each flower. Don’t forget the topcoat!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.