Spotted: “Festival Style” by Brandeis Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

It seems today that “festival” is a new style of clothing. “That’s so Coachella!” can be overheard at many stores trying to fit into the free and easy-going vibe people see at music festivals. H&M even has their own “Coachella” line. At Brandeis’ very own version of Coachella, Springfest, students showed up with a variety of outfits and style.

As the day approached, I know that many were keeping an eye on the weather. No one was excited when the little cloud and rain emoji’s showed up next to Sunday. The rain and cold were causes to make some outfit changes: coats, layers and hats.

What was most seen at Springest for women’s fashion was a stylish shirt and jeans. Many wore crop tops in various cuts and patterns. The other trend of a V-neck with laces was also seen. Light, dark, loose, ripped – jeans were everywhere. It was unfortunately too cold for many people to wear dresses or shorts, however they were not completely absent. The added accessory of a raincoat or, more commonly seen, a flannel was a cute and practical way to staying warm when you weren’t jumping in the crowd. Luckily it didn’t rain too hard until after the concert ended, or many white Adidas could’ve been ruined.

The festival style trend is only growing as more music festivals like Coachella and Governor’s Ball become more and more popular. I know that next year, hoping that the weather is a little nicer, people will show up with their newest and trendiest summer concert clothes.