A Special Thank You to Her Campus Brandeis Moms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.
From all of us at Her Campus Brandeis, we wish you a Happy Mother’s Day! We all know first hand that a mother’s love can’t be matched, and to show our gratitude, we wanted to let the whole world know how special our mothers are to us. Here are what a few staff members wanted to say to their mothers today; we hope you’ll take the time out to make your mom feel special and loved, not just today but every other day too!

My mom, Janie, rocks!

Some of my favorite memories consist of Saturday coffee and pedicure trips and singing along to The Singing Bee and correcting the contestants that don’t know the country lyrics. Recently my mom and I took a trip to Savannah, GA to visit our aunt and uncle and it was great just spending time with her by myself. My mom is truly the best and if you don’t believe me ask yourself, would your mom scrub down the disgusting bathroom of the frat house you moved into last summer? Well my mom did and that’s why I have to give her a shout out this Mother’s Day for being amazing.

Love you mom!

-Ellen Franz (Her Campus Brandeis Celebrity Columnist)

Mom,

Words cannot begin to describe how privileged I am to have you as my mom. I am so lucky to have someone who always brightens my day, listens to me read you every single one of my Her Campus Articles, supports me in all that I do, and gives me the most honest advice. I love seeing our relationship blossom each moment we spend together whether we are cooking, shopping, or watching television. You make me a better person, and I couldn’t be more grateful. So here’s a day devoted to you… Relax, Celebrate, and Enjoy. As you know, I am counting the days until we are re-united and can have Mothers Day everyday.

Love always,

-Andrea Stern (Her Campus Brandeis Campus Co-Correspondent 2011-present)

Mom,

I’m so proud to say that our relationship is flawed. I’m so proud to know how far we’ve come, that we weren’t always best friends, but that we are and always will be. Perhaps you have to be a mother to understand how someone can love so selflessly and completely, but I will always be in awe of the way you put others first. Sometimes I complain about the things I get from you; my sense of directions and my strange propensity to talk while pictures are being taken, but it’s only because secretly I hope that I get everything else too; your strength, your generosity, your kindness and your talent for doing anything and everything flawlessly. As children we believe that all adults are perfect, usually we grow out of that. You will always be perfect to me. 

Love, 
-Abigail Katznelson (Her Campus Brandeis Campus Correspondent 2009-2011)

An ode to Thing 1:

There are so many things that I could say about you. But today, on this mother’s day, all I want to say is thanks. Thanks for being strong when it’s so hard to be. Thanks for always signing out from conversations the same way. Thanks for always being proud of me, even when there’s nothing new to be proud of. Thanks for being constant. Thanks for responding to my bbm’s at absurd hours of the day or night. Thanks for always reminding me what’s most important. Thanks for supporting me in everything I do. Thanks for being my rock. Thank you mamadoo! And while today is the day I have to celebrate you….know that every day I celebrate and treasure all that you do as a mother and as a person. Happy Mother’s Day, I love you.

Love,
Thing 2
-Jordan Longert (Her Campus Brandeis Publicity)

If you can’t tell from our picture, you should know that my mom, Roberta, and I are a lot alike. Not only am I a spitting image of her, but we also have the same fashion sense (which really just means I love her style so I steal all of her clothes) and the same mannerisms (don’t worry mom- I also often find myself looking for my sunglasses when they’re sitting right on top of my head)—and I couldn’t ask to be more like anyone else in the world. My mom is my mentor and my best friend. We always have an amazing time together. Whether it’s traveling in Thailand and Cambodia, sharing a bed for a sleepover one night in Waltham, or heading to Bloomingdales for a quick shopping trip, I cherish the time I get to spend with her more than she knows. I am so blessed to have the greatest mom in the world. Mom- I love you so much and I want to thank you for always being there for me, through the good times and the bad, and for always supporting me in everything I do. I love you so much. 

-Morgan Schwartz (Her Campus Brandeis Celebrity Columnist)

Mom,

There are a million-and-one wonderful things to say about you, but the most important thing is you are my best friend. I love you so very much! Happy Mother’s Day!

Love, 
-Amy Melser (Her Campus Brandeis Blog Columnist)

Happy Mother’s Day and a big HCXO to the amazing, beautiful people who have made such a difference in our lives!

Abigail Katznelson is a Senior at Brandeis University studying Economics and Psychology. She recently joined the Her Campus Team and is so excited to have been recognized by Brandeis as an official charter! She is a member of the Brandeis Student Union, Creative Advertising Director for Student Events, and the Vice President of Sigma Delta Tau Delta Gamma Chapter. Her interests include singing, shopping, writing and exploring exotic foods. She will attend Brandeis’ International Business School next year as a participant in Brandeis’ 5-Year Masters program in International Finance.