This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Ski season is just around the corner. In fact, Killington Ski Resort (located in the lovely Killington, VT) has already opened this season and THANK GOODNESS. Ski season is arguably the best time of the year. It’s a time for merriment, togetherness, friendly competition, and dare I say it…powder. There is absolutely nothing better. It can often get hard to contain the excitement of it all.

When people start complaining about the coming cold, the brisk breeze, the under-50-degree-weather … well, quite honestly there’s just no time for that nonsense. EMBRACE THE COLD BABY!

Friends and family might ask you, “Why do you even like skiing? It’s so cold, so dangerous.” There is only one answer to this absurd commentary…

Forget the cold weather and ski haters. Leave them behind as you enter ski season because, friend, it’s time to shred.

Campus Coordinator at Brandeis University 
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.