In Search of Winter Clothing Cuteness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

BRRR, it’s cold in here, I said there must be some Torros in the—oh, wait, um… wrong school. As the cold weather persists, so does my laziness to wear anything remotely resembling any bodily shape, but don’t my sloth-like appearance keep you down! More layers of clothing just provide more opportunities to be so totally adorable. I have created a list of the necessary winter accessories that can help you not freeze to death and also maintain your façade of being well-dressed.

1. HATS! I’m a huge fan of the slouchy beanie variety, but really anything that covers your ears is necessary. Those li’l ears are gonna freeze without some nice insulation, and abnormally thick hair doesn’t quite do the trick (I know because I live with a nest on my head). Topshop has this cutie, Urban Outfitters has this one if you looove fuzzy socks, and Asos has tons of classic ribbed beanies.

2. Scarves are also a must. Necks must be warm at all times. My favorite new item is also the “snood,” which apparently is a scarf/hood thing also known as an infinity scarf? I don’t really know. I just wear a long scarf wrapped over my head babushka style. Asos has like a million different scarves, and snoods that are quite lovely if you’re at a loss for millions of cozy layers wrapped up to the tip of your nose. Free People has this awesome one if you’re feeling splurgy.

3. GET A DOWN JACKET. I recently spoke to my cousin who claims she “doesn’t do puffies.” I then told her to get over herself. This is New England. It’s cold.

4. Insulated boots. For some reason I ended up with Uggs, Timberlands, and those duck snow boot rubber things. No, they were not all purchased in the same year or for the snow… Either way, the best option is insulated snow boots because they keep ya warm! And if you want something soft, you can always wear some super cozy socks. I suggest Zappos. Here, I narrowed your search.

5. The last little exposed parts of your body are your fingers. Cover them. In style, obvs. These are a good place to start. Holding coffee is also a good way to warm your fingers.

6. If all else fails, you can always go for this:

Stay warm!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.