Sara Isaacson ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Sara Isaacson 

Year: 2016

Hometown: Medfield, Massachusetts

Major: Education Studies

Minor: Elementary Teacher Education

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

Sara Isaacson: I was a part of the Relay for Life Planning Committee and I was on the Brandeis women’s soccer team. Now I’m in the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program for Elementary Education. 

HC: What has been the most rewarding part of the MAT program so far?

SI: It’s really small—there’s only nine of us in it, and I’m the youngest one. It’s been awesome to learn from people who are a lot older than me and have more experience in education. A couple of them are teachers now, so I love getting to know them. Also, I’m in a third grade classroom in Newton now and the kids have been incredible. They’re so adorable and every day that I go there they surprise me with something ridiculous. It makes me excited to be a teacher.

HC: What is your best Brandeis memory?

SI: Making it to the Elite Eight of the NCAA tournament my freshman year.

HC: Do you have any advice for first-year students?

SI: People will always say this, but actually try to get involved with as many activities and groups as you can because that’s the best way to meet people. Don’t find one group and only stick with them. You want to branch out more.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

SI: Married, teaching elementary school, and coaching high school soccer.

Fun Facts:

Favorite TV Show: Friday Night Lights

Favorite Foods: Lactose-free ice cream

Favorite Spot on Campus: Ridgewood when my roommates are there

Favorite Song of the Moment: “Rewind” by Rascal Flatts 

Favorite Boston Attraction: As of now, it’s walking through Faneuil hall and seeing all the Christmas lights out

Role Model: My parents

Prized Possession: Jack and Nico (my dogs)

Mya is a sophomore at Brandeis University. She is an Education major with minors in African and Afro-American Studies and Anthropology. When she’s not writing, you can find Mya playing for the Brandeis women’s soccer team or attempting to navigate Boston. She also enjoys dancing and is a firm believer that what she lacks in technique she can make up in enthusiasm. She’s originally from sunny South Florida and can frequently be seen sporting her winter coat indoors. Follow her on Instagram @myagoodman for sporadic postings of her life!
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.