Ryan Slade ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

For those of you who know Ryan, you know just how lucky you are to have someone like him in your life. He’s kind, funny, and only enjoys watching sports teams with names that rhyme. You can win him over with some Chinese food or scare the living daylights out of him with a scary movie, but don’t get too excited yet. Ryan is, and has been off the market for a while now – but don’t fret! He’s always looking for new friends :) Say ‘hello’ to your new campus cutie, Mr. Ryan Slade!

Name: Ryan Matthew Slade
Class: 2013
Hometown: Montvale, New Jersey
Areas of study: Economic Major, Business Minor

Activities: Intramurals, Kids Connection (Waltham Chill Zone, Waltham Group)

Favorite class: Introduction to Economics because Coiner is awesome
Least favorite class: Multivariable Calculus

Favorite Brandeis dish: There isn’t a favorite Brandeis dish. I like the burritos sometimes, but I’m not a huge fan of Brandeis food.
Favorite quote: “When the power over love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace” –Jimi Hendrix
Favorite movie: Comedy: Animal House; Action: 300; Drama: Shawshank Redemption
Favorite food: Chinese food (Chicken, broccoli brown sauce, fried rice, and a spring roll)
Favorite sports team: 
It’s based on the season, so during football it’s the Jets, during baseball it’s the Mets, during basketball it’s the Nets, and during hockey I don’t care, I just want to see the Devils or the Rangers do well
Favorite pastry: Challah is awesome. There are few things better than fresh challah

Ideal date: Apple picking

Something people don’t know about you: I’m Jewish

Celebrity crush: Jessica Alba (pre-baby) or Penelope Cruz, Keira Knightly isn’t too bad either. There are a lot of actresses I find quite good-looking. Maybe Natalie Portman

Guilty pleasure: Video games (Call of Duty) or The Amazing Race or House

Secret talent: I know the lyrics to a lot of different songs

If you could collaborate with any musician: Rapping with Kanye West or Jay-Z would be cool, or playing guitar with Led Zeppelin

How do you feel about scary movies: I haven’t cried yet but I’ve wanted to

If you could be the president of any country: Not this one

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.