Ryan Mouton ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Ryan Mouton

Year: 2017

Hometown: New Orleans

Major: Psychology

Minor: English, Creative Writing, Journalism

Her Campus: Why did you choose Brandeis?

Ryan Mouton: I think the thing that made me choose Brandeis was the social environment. I’ve always appreciated how caring people are on campus here. There’s something really comforting in knowing that anyone you meet on campus will treat you with love and respect.

HC: What activities are you involved with on campus?

RM: I’m a member of False Advertising, Brandeis’ oldest improv comedy troupe. I’m also one of the three that put on Firecracker Stomach Punch, the best and kookiest indie rock radio show that’s out there (Thursdays at 7, everybody). I’m also helping to create the Brandeis Storytelling Collective, which is a performative story-sharing group that we’re hoping to get rolling by the end of this semester!

HC: What has been your best memory at Brandeis so far?

RM: Well, my first semester sophomore year was a really tough time for me academically. I was in a lot of hard courses so I was pulling all-nighters pretty frequently. My best memory at Brandeis would be walking to Upper Usdan at 8 am after being awake all night to have breakfast with Sophie Freije, who was a friend of mine at the time. She is an early riser and she always made me feel calm after being stressed out all night long. We’ve been dating since around then!

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

RM: Hopefully settled down somewhere quiet and suburban. I’m kind of an introvert so my ultimate goal is to just make enough money for my kids to go to good schools and for me to eat as much pie as I want.

Fun Facts and Favorites:

Something Most People Don’t Know About You: I am the only man in my family that has not sunk a jetski.

Celebrity Crush: Ben Mackenzie. Dude’s hair game is so on point. 

Favorite TV Show: Firefly

Favorite Midnight Snack: Leftover mashed potatoes

Cassie is a sophomore at Brandeis University from Maine, double majoring in environmental studies and history. When Cassie is not combating climate change with Brandeis Climate Justice or attending a zumba class or intramural soccer game, she can be found wandering Sachar woods, taking note on the tree species there or discussing feminism with friends in upper Usdan over a quesadilla and smoothie from Curritos.
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.