The Road to Graduation: Commencement Speakers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

With May 17th looming closer and closer and the idea of entering the real world suddenly becoming much scarier, the class of 2015 is starting to find out important details about the commencement. This past week, the commencement speaker and honorary degree recipients were finally announced.

Thomas Pickering, former US ambassador will be the 2015 commencement speaker. He has served as an ambassador for more than four decades to the UN, Russian Federation, India, Israel and Jordan. In addition to Pickering’s honorary degree he will be receiving, Brandeis will bestow four additional honorary degrees at the commencement ceremony. The recipients of those degrees are Ms. Suzanne Farral, Ms. Jamaica Kincaid, Mr. Yotam Ottolenghi, and Ms. Helen Vendler.

While we have yet to find out which graduate will be representing the class of 2015 at commencement, we are already anticipating a day filled with many memories, inspirational speeches and a lot of quality time with our families and loved ones. As graduation is fast approaching, Her Campus Brandeis want to start wishing our graduating seniors much luck in the real world! Check back at our site next week for more commencement 2015 updates! 

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.