Red Lentil Vegetarian Restaurant: Watertown, MA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Red Lentil is seriously one of my favorite vegan/vegetarian restaurants of all time. My boyfriend and I go to Red Lentil at least twice a week. It’s become a tradition for us to have dinner there on Thursday nights and brunch on Saturday mornings. The food is so delicious, and the staff is really sweet.

What I order

For dinner at Red Lentil, I always order their Grande Nachos. They come with either regular or vegan (dairy-free) cheese, guacamole, salsa, and vegan (dairy-free) sour cream!

For Brunch, I always order their cinamon Vegan Waffles, which come with delicious vegan whipped cream, strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, and melon.

The other options at the restaurant are also incredible, but being from Texas, where the Mexican food is amazing, I have to order their spicy Grande Nachos for dinner. However, I’ve tried a wide variety of items from their menu, and they are all incredible. There is something for everyone! They have a yummy Ginger Miso soup, Thai Peanut Noodle Salad, Sesame Encrusted Seitan Strips with sweet miso-horseradish dressing, Pizzas, Risotto, Vegan Shepard’s Pie, and Butternut Squash Polenta. 

They also have yummy Vegan Carrot Cake and Vegan German Chocolate Cake with coconut frosting.

Recognition

Their sister location is in Connecticuit, and the Yale Daily News says, “At Red Lentil, seitan brings sexy back.” Edible Boston and Boston.com have also raved about the menu items at Red Lentil. They are known for their excellent vegetrian, vegan, gluten-free, and macrobiotic food.

Location – Getting There

If you’re interested in going to Red Lentil yourself – which I totally recommend – it is easy to get there by car and fairly easy by bus. If you go by car, it is about 5 miles away from campus, which ends up being about a 10-minute drive. If you go by bus, it takes about 30 minutes plus a 10-minute walk. It is a bit far by bus, but it is totally worth it!

There is also a location in New Haven near Yale!

For more information you can visit their website

Major Perk  Red Lentil offers a 15% off student discount

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.