Popcorn & PJs: 5 Movies to Watch from Xfinity On Campus and More!

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Did you know that you get free streaming as a Brandeis student? No? Well, I’m here to help you find another way to procrastinate. Simply go to https://www.xfinityoncampus.com/ and type in ‘Brandeis University’ in the search box. Then log in with your Brandeis username and password. When you’re all set, grab your tub of ice cream or popcorn, or whatever you like, and click ‘watch now.’ Remember to enable flash player!

Disclaimer: These are only on Xfinity for a short period of time; however, they may reappear in the future so be on the lookout for them or stream them on Netflix!

Warning: The first 2 gifs are not for the faint of heart!

1. Alien (1979)

Who doesn’t love a good sci-fi thriller and horror movie? Not me! The pacing is quite slow in this movie but the suspense, ominous atmosphere, and haunting soundtrack will keep you on your toes as Ripley navigates the dark corridors of the ship to escape the Alien (until 4/1).

Alien Day Yes GIF by Nerdist.com

2.  Aliens (1986)

The action-packed and guns-a-blazing sequel to Alien! Ripley returns to face the monster of her nightmares with the assistance of marine soldiers; however, what awaits her at the colony may be more than what she bargained for (until 4/1).

James Cameron Aliens GIF by foxhorror

3. Mad Max Fury Road (2015)

This movie is anything but forgettable-from the desert scenery and character designs to the fight scenes and intricate set design. Set in a post-apocalyptic era, the stakes are high (until 4/1).

Mad Max GIF

4. Emma (1996)

This movie adaption of Jane Austen’s novel Emma is a dramatic yet whimsical tale of matchmaking gone wrong. While not without its flaws, it leaves a warm impression (until 9/2).

Jonny Lee Miller GIF

5. Jumanji (1995)

A magical board game? What could go wrong or appear? Well, giant spiders for one. *shudders* Despite all the chaos in this movie which was both comical and unnerving, it was an enjoyable classic through and through (until 4/1).

Robin Williams GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre  

The list below contains movies I personally haven’t watched or was less impressed by on Xfinity but they may be of interest to you:

1. Deadpool (until 5/2)

2. Guardians of the Galaxy (until 4/2)

3. Prometheus (until 4/2)

4. The Hunger Games (until 4/20)

5. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (until 4/20)

6. The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay, Part 1 and Part 2 (until 4/20)

7. Die Hard (until 4/1)

8. Rocky (until 4/1)

9. Insidious (until 4/1)

10. Insidious: Chapter 2 (until 4/1)

11. Insidious: Chapter 3 (until 4/1)

12. Clueless (until 4/2)

13. I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (until 4/1)

14. Can’t Hardly Wait (until 5/2)

15. Mommie Dearest (until 6/2)

16. Roman Holiday (until 11/2)

This list is by no means exhaustive so feel free to browse through the Xfinity’s movie selections for more potential movies to watch!

Tagged: