This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

As a college student, it’s easy to get caught up in homework and friends and to forget to take some time for yourself and listen to music. Music can be a great de-stressor, whether you are in the middle of writing a 20-page essay or struggling to fall asleep. Not sure what to listen to? Here is a playlist for your day, brought to you by my Spotify:

“Beautiful Day”, All That You Can’t Leave Behind, by U2

It’s hard to be in a good mood when you finished your schoolwork at 2 am and have to get up for your 8 am class. This is a great song to listen to when you are getting ready in the morning because it is very high energy and reminds you that it’s a beautiful day outside! All you have to do is throw on some sweatpants, turn up the tunes, and go enjoy your day!

“Celeste”, Celeste EP, by Ezra Vine

Finished your 8 am and are now buried under a pile of schoolwork in the library? I stumbled across this song when I was in the same position. This is a great song to study to or to listen to in between assignments. It’s fun, upbeat, relaxing, and guaranteed to brighten your day!

“Africa”, Toto IV, by Toto

It’s 1 pm and you aren’t sure how you are going to make it through your afternoon classes or your history reading without falling asleep. You need a song to pump you up but are a little too tired for some hardcore rock. This song is a classic and Toto’s claim to fame. You might have heard it in Stranger Things or on the radio from time to time. It’s an energetic song, perfect to help wake you up for your 2 pm class.

“Would You Be So Kind”, You, by Dodie

It’s mid-afternoon and instead of doing work you’re daydreaming about that cute person from your stats class. I got you covered. This is an adorable song about love by an equally adorable, and incredibly talented singer-songwriter named Dodie. If ukuleles are your jam, this is definitely a song for you!

“Where’d All the Time Go?”, Shame Shame, by Dr. Dog

Is it 10 pm already? This song is for when you realize you’ve been looking at social media for an hour instead of finishing your work and you don’t understand how it got so late. This song is pretty strange and you might hate it or might love it, but at least it shares your feelings.

“New Slang”, Oh, Inverted World, by The Shins

Need to destress from your crazy day before you get into bed? This is one of my favorite songs. It has great lyrics and is calming to listen to. It’s a perfect song to listen to as you’re getting ready for bed or before you fall asleep to help you relax after a long day.

I hope you check out this playlist! Everyone has different music taste, so you might not share mine, but at the very least, I hope that you were exposed to some new music. Remember to take some time for music throughout the day and happy listening!

Photo courtesy of Kaboompics.com

Cassady Adams

Brandeis '22

Hi, I'm Cassady. I'm a Women, Genders, and Sexualities major and a first year here at Brandeis University! I am a fan of fun socks, cats, and pianos.
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.