pInterested in Pinterest?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

If you’re like me, then sometimes Facebook and Twitter just doesn’t cut it any more. Oftentimes my wall activity on Facebook doesn’t change for over an hour and no one tweets on twitter. What to do? Create a Pinterest! What is pinterest you ask? Pinterest’s website describes the site as a place that “lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.”

On my pinterest I have a boards where I collect pictures of clothes that I wish I owned, celebrities that I love and wish I was, pictures of beautiful rooms for my future dream home, a board for adorable puppies and a lot more! My procrastination has been taken to the next level!

I also enjoy searching my friend’s boards and seeing what they post. It’s a great way of keeping in touch with my friends from other schools and seeing what their new interests are.

However, I recently received an article from a friend that discusses the legalities of Pinterest. It seems that when you post a new picture on Pinterest, you have to have the legal rights to each photo. Although this article does seem a little scary, don’t let it keep you from exploring, just be aware of it! Millions of people have been posting pictures and sharing them with their friends. Pinterest’s “goal is to connect everyone in the world through the ‘things’ they find interesting. We think that a favorite book, toy, or recipe can reveal a common link between two people. With millions of new pins added every week, Pinterest is connecting people all over the world based on shared tastes and interests.” So pin on people!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.