Perks of Early Morning Sherman Breakfasts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

While a majority of campus is fast asleep in their beds, I am up and making my way to Sherman for my normal 7 am breakfast. At times, while it is difficult to wake up for that 6:45 am alarm, I get to Sherman and realize it was the right choice.

The perks include:

Getting see the campus empty and enjoy the quietness of the morning. Also if you are lucky enough you may catch a glimpse of the sunrise.

Not having to go directly from waking up to 15 minutes later forced to use your brain for whatever your class entails.

You know that embarrassingly terrible stomach grumble that takes place during the first 30 minutes of your class. You don’t have to worry about it because you already had breakfast!

Breakfast is the meal of carbs (bagels, english muffins, pancakes, waffles), and who doesn’t love carbs?!?

Even wanted to know what Sherman quiet looked like, that 7 am bliss is probably the quietest you will ever hear sherman.

The free coffee (even if its not great, it’s there and unlimited!)

Probably none of your other friends are up yet, so the amount of distraction is limited. Also, the feeling of completing so much before 9 am is priceless.

See you at Sherman!

Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.