This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Pat Seaward
Class: 2013
Hometown: York Beach, Maine
Major: Anthropology, Economics

Interests: Playing sports, playing guitar, singing and just being friends

Campus activities: Baseball, Kids Club, intramural sports and open mics

Favorite sports team: I like all the Boston teams but the Bruins are my favorite.

Favorite quote: “Everything happens for a reason.”

Favorite book: “Holidays on Ice” by David Sedaris

Favorite movie: “How to Train your Dragon” directed by Dean DeBlois and Chris Sanders

Who is your role model? My brother—he is seven years older than me and has been my inspiration and idol all throughout my life. My dad passed away when I was six months old so, as I was growing up, my brother stepped up to be just as much of a father figure as a brother. He was always there for me. He did everything with me that any normal high schooler would hate to do with their annoying little brothers, and I can’t thank him enough for spending so much time with me and being such a positive role model in my life. He really helped shape me out to be who I am today.

Where is your favorite place you have traveled to? Germany is by far the coolest place I’ve ever been. I could live off butterbrezeln for years.

When you’re not in class, what are you doing? Playing baseball, studying for classes and hanging out with friends

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done to impress a girl? One really nice spring day I drove to the beach with a rake and wrote her name in giant letters with a heart around it in the sand. There is a cliff walk adjacent to the beach that we walked on and then I told her to look down to see what I wrote! It wouldn’t have been complete if we didn’t have a picnic at the end of the walk though! When I was raking the beach I got sooo many dirty looks, like, “what is this kid doing?” but it was 110 percent worth it to see her reaction. Women make men do crazy things but they have totally earned it.

Three things you can’t live without: Family, friends and music.

Favorite thing about Brandeis ladies: The ladies here are all unique and down to earth. They’re motivated, smart, fun and have a great balance of work and play.

Where on campus do you feel most at home? Sherman. My friends are like family to me and having a nice Sherman dinner brings me right back home.

What is your best Brandeis memory? The Foam Party!

What are your plans for the summer? I work at a food shop back home and when I’m not working, I’m wherever my friends are. We go to the beach, have bonfires, swap stories, play sports and lots more … we live for the summer, and summer ’11 is looking to be the best one ever.