Nicholas Waller '18

Hometown: Natick, MA

Year: Junior

Major(s)/Minor(s): Biology Major, Econ Minor

Extracurricular Involvement: Biotechnology Club

Her Campus: Why did you choose to come to Brandeis?

Nicholas Waller: I chose to come to Brandeis because it is a local school that has a very strong academic curriculum and it is a liberal arts school so I could try out different types of classes and see what I liked.  I also stayed overnight, and really liked the social environment.

HC: What is your favorite Brandeis memory?

NW: My favorite Brandeis memory is boxing with Brittany for one of the orientation activities.

HC: I understand that you are a nationally ranked badminton player, when did you start playing and what sparked your interest?

NW: I started playing when I was 11 years old.  My grandfather played and he took me to play a couple of times and I liked it, so he looked for a club near me for me to start practicing. 

HC: What is your favorite part about the sport and competition?

NW: I really like how badminton combines physicality with technique and strategy.  Competing is always fun because that is when you can really judge yourself and measure your improvement. 

HC: Ever consider starting a badminton club at Brandeis?

NW: I would love to; I have just struggled to find time because I am already balancing pre med classes and badminton practice.

Fast Facts:

Favorite food? Chicken Biryani

Favorite movie/TV show? Slumdog Millionaire/Game of Thrones

Favorite class at Brandeis? Chinese

Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving