The New Upper Green Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Do you have a group project, do you want a comfortable and social spot to do homework with friends? The new tech savvy and fashionable hotspot on campus for your needs is right in upper green in the Goldfarb Library. This brand new renovated space opened on October 21st, and is a popular place to hang out. Brandeis took on a capital improvement project over the summer to update the 1980s carpeting and furniture that previously occupied the Upper Green Room. Now, it not only exudes a modern chic aura with lime green and magenta décor, but it also has whiteboards, screens to hook up your laptops, long tables, couches, and coming soon is an Ideum Touch Table. This touch table, expected to be installed by early November, is an interactive tablet-like coffee table which offers a platform for student generated apps and content. Dry erase markers can easily be obtained at the information and borrowing desk so you can feel free to work through a group project, write notes, or even doodle on the numerous whiteboards available. Brandeis really wants this space to be like a living room for students, which is why initiatives have been taken to install student-curated artwork and also bring in a musical presence to the space. If you have any suggestions about how to make the Upper Green Room more comfortable or fun to use, just leave a message on one of the white boards in the room for a Brandeis employee!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.