New Season, New You, New Nails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Have fun this Spring by trying these latest nail trends. (We wont tell if you try sporting them earlier).

Colors

Nude nails– Classic and clean, these were all over the runways for this Spring.

Green nails– mint green is the new color for spring. For many, green is an intimidating color. Start  by wearing a light, mint green like Essie’s Mint Candy Apple below. Once you are more comfortable start going darker.

Finishes

Textured nails– Try caviar for your fingers (for a DIY experience head to your local craft store and ask for micro beads)

Feathers (Nails Inc Feather Effect Nail Polish)

Liquid Sand– Check out Mariah Carey’s new spring collaboration with OPI. The matte finishes are made to look like little colored sugar crystals.

Ombre and half moons– Can’t decide on one color? No worries!

Extras

Nail stickers and 3D appliqués– Bows on nails are big right now and sites like Amazon or Ebay are selling 10 for $2.00! Also, nail embellishment stickers are perfect for people who want designs on their nails but can’t do it on their own. Just peel and stick (Sally Hansen has some great, affordable decals).

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.