New Lay’s Potato Chips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Lay’s Potato Chips wants you to do them a “flavor.” The company has enlisted chip lovers across America to help choose the newest potato chip flavor to add on the shelves. The final three flavors are Cheesy Garlic Bread, Chicken & Waffles, and Sriracha.

Almost 3.8 million entries were submitted into this nation-wide contest. A panel that included Eva Longoria and Iron Chef Michael Symon chose the final flavors. The person who submitted the winning flavor will win $1 million or one percent of the flavor’s sales in 2013 (whichever is more), in addition to their name appearing on the packaging. The runners-up will receive $50,000.

Chip fans can “vote to save your fave” via Lay’s Facebook page, text “VOTE” to 24466, or use the hashtags #SaveChickenWaffles, #SaveGarlicBread, or #SaveSriracha on Twitter. All three new flavors will be on sale through May 4.

Quick Thoughts

Cheesy Garlic Bread: Tastes like you think they would, heavy on the cheese.

Chicken & Waffles: The most unique and surprisingly delicious. The maple syrup is the strongest flavor, and the chicken is almost impossible to detect. (I recommend trying the real dish before the chips.)

Sriracha: Not as spicy as some might have liked, but still a winner in my book.

Which one will you choose to save?

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.