This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Hometown: Leominster, Massachusetts
Major: Business and International and Global Studies with a minor in Legal Studies

Her Campus: what are you involved in on campus?
Naomi DePina: I am a Senator at Large, Chair of the Social Justice and Diversity Committee of the Student union, Club Support Committee member of the Student Union, Committee member of the Office of the Provost Diversity Committee, DeisImpact Steering Committee, DeisImpacter, Co Events Coordinator for Brandeis African Students Organization, and a Brandeis Bridges fellow

HC: How did you get involved in all of this?
ND:  I honestly do not know how I became so involved in all of this. I started off this semester with only a few campus activities but it just kept adding on. Although it can sometimes be a lot, I love everything I do and I would not change it.

HC: Do you want to go into politics?
ND: I have wanted to go into politics since I was a seven. However, my obsession for politics does not drive my career goals in ways I thought it would. I do not think my main goal is to go into politics, but if I do end up as a politician I would be glad.

HC: So tell us about Brandeis Bridges?
ND: Brandeis Bridges has been the highlight of my semester. This program’s initiative to unite both the black and Jewish communities is an excellent idea and I feel very strongly about it. Through this program I am building friendships, learning about the similarities of the two communities, and slowly breaking down the cultural barrios of our communities. I am very excited to go to Israel over winter break to see how this journey will shape me and inspire me to share building the bridge on campus.

HC: how do you make time for all of these things?
ND: Time has become something precious to me because I literally don’t have time anymore. Trying to fit everything in my schedule is difficult, but it is also possible. Having a tight schedule may seem frustrating at times but on the plus side I am never bored. I love how busy I am! It’s definitely not a bad thing.

HC: What do you do for fun or to relax?
ND: To relax my go-to is Netflix. I love catching up on a few of my favorite shows like Scandal and Once Upon a Time whenever I can. For fun I usually go to Boston, I like spending time in an actual city! Also, I love going out and being with my friends and just having a good time!

HC: What is your favorite thing to do at Brandeis?
ND: I honestly do not have a specific favorite thing to do at Brandeis. Off the top of my head I would say being involved in BASO and the Student Union.

HC: If you could…

…have one super power?
ND: Teleportation

…be any Disney princess?
ND: Cinderella

…go on a date with anyone?
ND: Channing Tatum or Kevin Garnett

…go back in time what time?
ND: I’d go to my family vacation with my cousins in Mexico about four years ago

…change one thing about Brandeis?
ND: The food!

Favorites:
Movie: The Hangover 3
TV Show: Scandal
Band/Artist: The Wanted and Kesha
Food: Ethiopian Food
Thing about Brandeis: The people
Guilty Pleasure: Chocolate 

Rachel is a junior math major and premed student at Brandeis University. She is an EMT and recently joined her school's EMS squad. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys blogging, watching sitcoms, drawing zentangles, folding origami, and eating chocolate.