My Experience at Comic-Con 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

This year I went to Boston Comic-Con. I had no idea what to expect, but boy, was I early… or at least what I thought was early for an event like this. When I showed up near the event around 10am, I already saw a long line about a half a mile from the building. This excited me. I thought I was bound to see some of the coolest costumes ever, as people came up to the line and began conversations with people they didn’t know. I already saw a boat load of Harley Quinns, a few Jokers, a Wolverine, and a Deadpool here and there. As for me? I went as a fellow X-Men:

This costume… was very last minute, but I am glad I put in the time to be more involved in the event! Being Storm was a great choice in the end!

Upon first arriving, I received so many compliments on my outfit! And I felt like a celebrity with all of the little ones running up to me, shyly asking for a picture and an autograph. Of course I signed as Storm!

I also felt like a kid again, running up to people with some of the most amazing costumes I have ever seen and begging for a photo.

There were comic book characters:

There were movie characters:

Game characters:

Overall, I had a wonderful experience! The best part was having the kids come and ask for a picture! It was the cutest thing ever! I will most definitely be going next year!

Hi! I'm Tyffany. I'm from Georgia and I have just recently moved to the Boston area. I attend Brandeis University and I am currently majoring in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation with a minor in Economics. I'm a bubbly person and I adore DIY and anything arts related. I love fashion and seek to work at an arts company possibly centered in that area.