Meet The Staff: Emily Arkin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Emily Arkin

Year: 2020

Hometown: San Diego

Majors/Minors: I haven’t declared yet, but I’m planning on majoring in Communication Psychology (I’m building my own major), and Anthropology, and minoring in either SJSP or NEJS.

HC: What are you involved in on campus, or what do you hope to get involved in?

EA: As of now, I’m a teaching assistant at Lemberg Children’s Center, Assistant Producing the UTC production of Once Upon A Mattress, Up the Octave (my acapella group), and Her Campus. Next semester, I want to try to volunteer for Admissions and one of the Waltham Groups!

HC: Why did you choose to get involved with Her Campus? What do you enjoy most about writing for Her Campus?

EA: I was such a fan of our chapter last semester and I loved seeing the cool articles my friends were writing. I think it’s really exciting to be apart of a community of strong and empowered women writing to an audience of our peers!

HC: How did you spend your summer?

EA: I was a camp counselor at Urj Camp Newman working as a nanny for the most adorable baby and working with an incredible group of teens in a social justice themes session about racial justice.

HC: What’s one thing on your Brandeis bucket list?

EA: To get on the roof of the SCC!

Quick Facts

Favorite spot on Campus: The balcony of Olin-Sang

Favorite song: End of Time by Beyonce Whos your feminist Icon: Emma Watson

Favorite Class so far: Both of my Anthropology classes were amazing, I wasn’t planning on being an Anth major but I’ve loved my studies so much that I had to consider it!

Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs. 
Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!