Meet The Staff: Dylan Schlesinger ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Majors: Film & English

Minors: Legal Studies & Theater

Year: 2015

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus?

Dylan Schlesinger: Brandeis Women’s Tennis, Her Campus Editor, Relay For Life Board Member, SAAC Board Member, Fall Orientation Leader, Midyear Orientation Leader, Upperclassman Gateway Buddy, Safe Space Ally

HC: Why did you get involved in Her Campus?

Dylan Schlesinger: I really love to write about issues that are relevant to young adults today, particularly young ladies. I just love to write about things that I deal with on a day to day basis, silly things that can only be appreciated/experienced by our generation. 

HC: What do you do at Her Campus?

DS: I am an editor. I also write Campus Cutie & Celebrity articles, to showcase the incredible people that walk our campus. I do throw in a feature from time to time.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about Brandeis?

DS: The people. Brandeis is such an accepting and outgoing community. To this day I still am blown away by that automatic acceptance of all around me.

HC: What are some of your favorite things to do at Brandeis?

DS: I love to spend my hours at Gosman… well since I always have practice or workouts I have grown a warm feeling towards Gosman. Other than that I love to watch theater performances or Acapella groups… sadly since I always have tennis, I rarely get the opportunity to do this. So instead I go to Sherman and grab a small plate of tunafish with a handful of fries. That’s the best.

HC: If you could give a Brandeis first year one piece of advice, what would it be?

DS: Get involved in A TON OF THINGS! Don’t get stuck in a bubble… whether it’s a sport or being a midyear or being in theater. Do it all! That’s how you meet everyone and experience all that Brandeis has to offer.

HC: What do you want to do after Brandeis?

DS: I am currently studying for the LSAT in December. I plan on applying to law school. So I want to go to law school next year, study Entertainment Law, and break into the industry. That’s the plan.

Favorites: Disney movies, House music, Jane Austen, Driving in my car and blasting music

Favorite movie: Pride & Prejudice

Favorite TV shows: The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Once Upon A Time, The Mindy Project

Favorite on campus dining: The Pollo Sandwich in Upper Usdan… it’s incredible

Favorite actress/actor: Mindy Kaling & Keira Knightley & Adam Sandler

Favorite color: Red

Favorite place: The City of Prague

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.