Meet the Staff: Dylan Corn ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.
Name: Dylan Corn 
Year: 2019 
Hometown: New York City  
Majors: Business 
Minor:  Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies

Her Campus: What attracted you to Brandeis?  
Dylan Corn: I immediately loved the enthusiasm and passion Brandeis students have. Everyone is involved with so many different activities or double majoring and triple minoring. I also just felt very comfortable and at home when I spent time on campus.

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?  
DC: I write and run the Her Campus Instagram, I chat and talk about midyear programs at Admissions, and I assistant stage manage for the Undergraduate Theater Collective.

HC: What has been your favorite Brandeis memory so far?  
DC: I’m a midyear, so I this is my first semester on campus. I was in London last semester and some of my best memories there were traveling to Istanbul, Wales, and Scotland with my friends. So far on campus, one of my favorite moments have been hanging out in Village with all the other midyears and sharing our first semester experiences. 

HC: What advice do you have for incoming first years?  
DC: It will seem like people around you have their act together, but everyone is in the same place. It’s okay to explore new things and not know what you are doing.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?  
DC: Back in New York City working or managing theater. 

Quick Facts
Secret Talent: I’m really good at winking.
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones 
Favorite Spot on Campus: There is a spot behind Village with a semi-circle of stones. On sunny days it’s the perfect place to relax and do work.
Favorite Song of the Moment: “Formation” by Beyoncé
Favorite Boston Attraction: Any JP Licks
Favorite Class at Brandeis: “Black Feminist Thought” with Professor Jasmine Johnson. An incredible and life changing class.
Prized Possession: My camera.

Mya is a sophomore at Brandeis University. She is an Education major with minors in African and Afro-American Studies and Anthropology. When she’s not writing, you can find Mya playing for the Brandeis women’s soccer team or attempting to navigate Boston. She also enjoys dancing and is a firm believer that what she lacks in technique she can make up in enthusiasm. She’s originally from sunny South Florida and can frequently be seen sporting her winter coat indoors. Follow her on Instagram @myagoodman for sporadic postings of her life!