Meet the Staff: Cassie Cain ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2018

Hometown: Kennebunk, Maine

Majors: Environmental Studies, History

Minors: IGS, WGS

Her Campus: Why did you decide to go to Brandeis?

Cassie Cain: When I attended the admitted students day everyone was super nice and I loved that Brandeis had such a welcoming environment. I realized then that Brandeis students were the kind of people I wanted to be surrounded by. I also really liked that it’s so easy to double major here.

HC: How did you first get involved with Her Campus?

CC: I heard about Her Campus at the winter activities fair. I decided to join with one of my friends who had been reading Her Campus for awhile and encouraged me to get involved.

HC: What else are you involved in on campus?

CC: I am a member of the Brandeis Climate Justice club and NaturalLiving club. I also played on an intramural soccer team this and will be one one this month too. Soon I will also be participating in the Brandeis Women’s Club Soccer team. I also really enjoy going to Zumba classes at Gosman when I have time.

HC: Why do you write for Her Campus?

CC: I enjoy writing but had never tried this style of writing before. Her Campus is a great opportunity to get comfortable with this type of writing while also allowing me to stay up to date on what’s happening on campus.

HC: What is your favorite part about Brandeis?

CC: I love how everyone here is extremely passionate about something. This makes Brandeis such a great atmosphere for getting involved with stuff you love while also while trying new things.

HC: What is something you wish you could’ve done at campus that you ended up not doing?

CC: I wish I could’ve taken a sociology class this year. I also wish I could’ve had the time to attend more club meetings such as SEA or NARAL.

HC: What do you want to do after Brandeis?

CC: I really have no idea yet, but definitely something to do with environmental issues. I think it would be awesome to become involved with activism or a NGO, but I’m not sure how practical that will be.

Fun Facts:

Celebrity Crush: Andrew VanWyngarden

Favorite late night snack: Cereal

Favorite place on campus: My PITW (Place in the Woods) for one of my environmental studies class or the Mandel roof garden and study areas.

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.