This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
Majors: History and politics
Minor: Journalism 

Her Campus: What activities are you involved in on campus? 
Margot Grubert: 24 Hour Musical, intramural soccer, the hoot, S.C.R.A.M., SDT

HC: How did you hear about Brandeis?
MG: I heard about Brandeis from a high school teacher, and I knew that a few grads of my school had come here. So I decided to check it out!

HC: How did you get involved in the 24 hour musical?
MG: A friend of mine who I met at another audition here convinced me to do it! He signed me up without even asking first.

HC: What was the audition like for the 24 hour musical?
MG: I sang “See I’m Smiling” by Jason Robert Brown and the directors told me to sing it like I was at a slumber party, like a Disney princess, and like the girl next door. I was in shock when I found out my part. It’s still kind of surreal.

HC: How did you become involved in musical theater?
MG: I’ve always loved to sing, and was trained in opera as a kid. My first play was in 3rd grade. It was actually (strangely enough) Beauty and the Beast! I played Mrs. Potts. I also did a lot of musical theater and directing in high school.  

HC: If you could become one of the roles you’ve played, who would you be?
MG: Sophie from Mamma Mia, or Nala from the Lion King 

HC: Favorite Disney princess? 
MG: Ariel, and Belle of course. 

HC: Why Ariel? 
MG: Well, as a kid I wanted to be a marine biologist! Which is funny because I’m a total humanities kid. I thought it meant just swimming with animals all day! I love the ocean.

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure song?
MG: Anything Lana del Ray, or Wrecking Ball

HC: If you could re-take one class at Brandeis what would it be?
MG: Romantic and Existentialist Political Thought 

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush?
MG: Emma Stone 

HC: Favorite comfort food?
MG: Anything chocolate

HC: Favorite Spice Girl?
MG: Posh, but only because she’s married to David Beckham.

HC: What’s your favorite way to de-stress?
MG: Playing guitar, piano, writing songs

HC: Which do you like better, singing covers or your own songs? 
MG: My own songs because they’re more meaningful to me

HC: Do you write your own lyrics? 
MG: Yes

HC: What’s the theme song to your life? 
MG: Over the summer I asked my campers this question, and at first they said World’s Greatest by R. Kelly, which was great. They later changed it to Nobody’s Perfect by Hannah Montana…

Rachel is a junior math major and premed student at Brandeis University. She is an EMT and recently joined her school's EMS squad. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys blogging, watching sitcoms, drawing zentangles, folding origami, and eating chocolate.