Kyle Brenner ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Kyle Brenner

Year: 2015

Hometown: Worcester, MA

Majors: American Studies and Sociology

Minor: Business 

Her Campus: What attracted you to Brandeis University?

Kyle Brenner: Definitely the academics. And I play baseball here, so with the athletics and the strong academics I figured it would be a great fit. Also, the location—it’s about an hour away from my home, and close enough to Boston without being in Boston—definitely another great aspect.

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

KB: I play baseball, I’m on the board for the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), and I’m a part of Team Impact. I’m also involved in a new organization called You’re With Us! It partners teenagers with disabilities to able-bodied college groups. We are hoping to bring it to Brandeis this upcoming fall. I also work at Gosman as a Building Manager and Intermural Supervisor and I assist Tom Rand, our Associate Athletic Director.

HC: What’s your favorite Brandeis memory?

KB: The Florida UAA trips with the baseball team. We go to Florida twice: once over February break to train and again in March for our conference championships. That one is always real fun. You’re with your whole team and it’s beautiful weather.

HC: What’s your advice for incoming freshmen?

KB: As cliché as it sounds, I’d say to get involved with as many different things as you can. As a senior now, I’m involved with a lot of different stuff, but I only have a month left to be a part of them. If I started 4 years ago, I would have had a lot more time to progress with these groups.

HC: What are your goals for the remainder of the semester?

KB: I want to finish strong academically, and we have 5 games for baseball left, so I want to finish baseball season real strong as well. And hopefully make a few more memories in this last month of school.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

KB: Hopefully still in athletics somehow. My goal is to get myself up to a college Athletic Director position. So in 10 years maybe I’ll coaching, but I definitely want to be around college athletics. 

Quick Facts:

Single or Taken: Dara Spital

Something Most People Don’t Know: I took an advance dance class when I went to prep school. I did a slow piece and a hip-hop piece with all the girls who were going to college to pursue dance.

Favorite Senior Week Event: Kickball

Favorite Song: “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea

Favorite Quote: “Pay me now or pay me later.”

Favorite Boston Attraction: Fenway Park

Guilty Pleasure: Carl’s Steak Subs from Waltham

Mya is a sophomore at Brandeis University. She is an Education major with minors in African and Afro-American Studies and Anthropology. When she’s not writing, you can find Mya playing for the Brandeis women’s soccer team or attempting to navigate Boston. She also enjoys dancing and is a firm believer that what she lacks in technique she can make up in enthusiasm. She’s originally from sunny South Florida and can frequently be seen sporting her winter coat indoors. Follow her on Instagram @myagoodman for sporadic postings of her life!
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.