This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.
Hometown: Southbury, CT
Major(s)/Minor(s): Business and American Studies

Guilty pleasure: Laying in bed and watching sports
Listening to: Kid Cudi
Watching: Revenge
Favorite class: My internship class last semester with Professor DuPont
Last thing you ate: Chicken parm sandwich

Her Campus: I understand that you are a Relay for Life MC. When and how did you become involved with Relay for Life?
Kasey Dean: I attended the Relay event my freshmen year as a part of the women’s basketball team, and realized how special the cause was. Shortly after, I wanted to get involved and do more so I started fundraising and putting together other events on campus to help donate. From then on I became a part of the Relay Committee, and even had an internship last summer with the American Cancer Society working with the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Boston.

I relay so one day we do not need to worry about cancer and all those who have been affected have not been forgotten.

HC: Can you tell us more about the upcoming Relay for Life event(s)?
KD: The Mr.Brandeis pageant is going to be a great and entertaining event. It is a great way to get people together and excited about Relay before the April 20 event, and it is guaranteed to be an unforgettable night with a couple surprises along the way. All the contestants have been nominated, interviewed, and trained to showcase their Brandeis pride and Relay spirit. The April 20 Relay is always an amazing event to honor and remember those who have been affected by cancer. The past year we were among the highest universities in money raised for Relay and hopefully this year we raise even more, but we need everyone to contribute, so sign up today!

HC: Anything you are looking forward to this school year or summer?
KD: I am looking forward to staying on campus this summer, working and the gym, and hopefully an internship with a sports marketing organization.
Rachel is a junior math major and premed student at Brandeis University. She is an EMT and recently joined her school's EMS squad. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys blogging, watching sitcoms, drawing zentangles, folding origami, and eating chocolate.