Ice Skating Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Why not celebrate subzero temperatures by going ice skating? Ice skating is fun, inexpensive, and motivates you to stay active even when the weather outside makes you want to curl up under a blanket, never to step foot outside again. Take advantage of the winter season when ice rinks across the city are open to plan a fun-filled skating trip; check out these local offerings!

Brandeis Ice Skating Club

The Skating Club is a great way to meet other skaters on campus. Skating Club plans skating trips to the Daly Ice Rink in Newton, Mass. and offers free transportation and skate rentals, as well! Joining is so easy—just sign up to their listserv here: https://lists.brandeis.edu/wws…!

Veterans Memorial Rink 295 Totten Pond Road, Waltham

How to get there: Drive 10 minutes by car.

Cost: $4

Boston Frog Pond 84 Beacon Street, Boston

How to get there: Take the Crystal Shuttle to Mass. Avenue/Beacon Street, and then walk.

Cost: $5 or $2 on College Night with ID

The Charles Hotel 1 Bennett Street, Harvard Square, Cambridge

How to get there: Take the Crystal Shuttle to Harvard Square, and then walk.

Cost: $5

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.