Ian Carroll ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.
Year: 2015
Major/Minor: Chemistry Major, German and Theater Minors
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?
Ian Caroll: I’m one of the coordinators for Student Production Services, a co-coordinator for Brandeis Ensemble Theater, a Roosevelt Fellow, and I was a director for this years 24 Hour Musical, . I’ve done tons of acting and tech but this past semester has really kept me busy since I was in Legally Blonde and also in a senior thesis film written by my friend Deanna Heller with music by another friend, Zoe Fong.

HC: What is the best part about being involved in theatre at Brandeis?
IC: The most obvious is the people. I’ve found so many amazing friends through my many different roles and positions. I’ve made many friends who will stick with me way after graduation.

HC: Favorite thing about being part of SPS:
IC: SPS has helped me discover what I want to do with my life after Brandeis. I’ve loved being able to help fellow students put on events and want to work at a college in Student Activities after grad school.

HC: Best Brandeis memory:
IC: There are way too many… I think I’ll go with one of the first days of Orientation when I met my best friend. We walked down to the Casino Night in Gosman together and the rest is history.

HC: What part of senior week are you looking forward to the most?
IC: Hanging out with friends without any other commitments (I really just want classes to be done…)

HC: What are your plans post-grad?
IC: I’m going to Disney World to work through the Disney College Program with some of my best friends and then I’m going to go to grad school after.

HC: Where do you think you will be in five years?
IC: I’d like to be working at a college and helping students have a great experience.

HC: What is one piece of advice you have for incoming Brandeis students?
IC: Classes are important but it’s all of the other things that make great memories. Take the time to make them. Find a group you love to be a part of and spend time with them whether it’s a club, a job, or just your hall or suitemates. 

Favorites:
Singer/Band: My friends tell me I listen to a lot of Mumford and Sons… but I’m bad at picking favorites
Movie: Quest For Camelot
Spot On Campus: The SCC Theater
Campus Dining: #tbt Aramark Sherman
Spot Off Campus: What’s off campus? Is that where people with free time go?
Brandeis Professor: Nancy Armstrong
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.